How to Apply
Application and Registration
Thank you for your interest in purchasing a monthly permit. Please read
these regulations carefully before printing and signing the downloadable
PDF. All rules are enforced without exception.
for Parking Permit
Accept All Rules
1. Completion of the application accompanied by signature of the applicant
(person to whom permit shall be issued) represents that the applicant
accepts and agrees to abide by all terms and conditions set forth in these
2. The Yonkers Parking Authority is held harmless by the applicant for
any liability for any damage and or injury resulting from the use allowed
through the issuance of the permit, specifically including, but not limited,
to the storage of the applicant’s vehicle (identified on the application)
for which permit has been issued.
Permit Valid For Vehicles Listed On Application Only
3. The permit to be issued as a result of this signed application shall
be valid only for the vehicles bearing the license plates cited on the
application. Attempted use of the permit with any other vehicle to park
in any YPA facility shall subject said vehicles to the issuance of a summons
and or other appropriate remedial action at the discretion of the Yonkers
No Grace Period For Permits
4. The applicant understands that no permit shall be issued until full
payment for said permit is received in the Main office of the Yonkers
Parking Authority and that there is no grace period for each month’s
permit. Failure to display the permit for the month in which the vehicle
is using the facility identified on the application starting from the
first of the month shall result in the issuance of a summons.
Payment By Mail
5. Please note that monthly permit payments by mail (including interoffice)
must be received in the Main office by the 20th of the month. Any payment
made after the aforementioned date is not guaranteed to be delivered by
the first of the following month.
6. There will be no refunds once permit payment is made unless request
is made prior to the first of the month for which the permit is to be
used. The permit itself must be returned before payment is made on a refund
7. Payment for permits may be made by credit card, cash, check, or money
order. Returned checks are subject to a penalty including revocation of permit
and issuance of summons.
Permit Must Be Displayed
8. The permit must always be displayed when parked in authorized spaces
and in such a manner that the front of the permit is visible on the driver’s
side of the dashboard. Failure to display the permit shall result in the
issuance of a summons.
9. A daytime permit allows vehicles to park from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
Twenty–four (24) hour permits are also offered for sale. Permits are
enforced at all times.
10. The permit shall only be valid for the facility identified on the
application and on the permit itself. The permit does
not guarantee a space in the assigned facility, but rather waives the
obligation to pay the posted and/or established daily rates.
Replacement Of Permits
11. The charge for replacing any type of permit is ten to twenty ($10.00 to $20.00) dollars.
12. Permits may be purchased in person at Yonkers Parking Authority offices Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Late
nights- the first and last Wednesday of each month, between the hours of 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM Permit renewals are only until 6:30 PM. Commencing January 2010
13. The Yonkers Parking Authority reserves the right
to revoke a permit for violation of any rules and regulations governing
the use of Authority facilities, to limit the number of permits issued
for a specific use or facility.